Monday, March 31, 2008

Family Fun Monday!





I'm still tying to organize my blog. I just love how some people have set things they write about each day. I've got my wednesday's figured out thanks to Shan's What's Cooking Wednesdays, but that's about it. The rest of the days I just blah, blah, blah, about whatever comes to mind. I'm thinking a Family Fun Monday might be a cool idea. That way, one day when I am famous and I have 10's of 1000's of Mom's reading my blog they may share with me their ideas for fun things to do with the kiddies. ;-)

So here's our Family Fun activity of the week. Bowling!! Bowling has changed since I was a kid thanks to three really cool (?) inventions: velcro shoes, automatic scoring, and bumpers. Now even the little-ones can do up their own shoes, no one has to remember how the scoring works, and there is no such thing as a gutter ball.

Hmmm.

Is that progress or not? Are we being too easy on our kids? Isn't it good to learn how to tie your shoes? That's an important life skill. And, recording your own bowling scores was a fun math activity. Another important life skill. And, what about learning to loose gracefully: to suffer the horror of a gutter ball, pick yourself back up off that highly polished floor, and throw yourself a spare. Stuff of life, no?

Ahhh, well. If you try not to get too philosophical about it all you can really have a fun time with the kids. We did. And, look at these pics! Ahhh. So cute. They bowl me over. Ha ha ha. Okay. I'm sorry.

Now...
what you've been waiting for...
the results of the movie quiz!!!

Again, Karen of Virtually There is the movie Queen. Very impressive. Thanks for stopping by to play. And, yes, Harrison Ford circa "Raiders of the Lost Arc" just can't be topped. He would definitely be on my laminated list (see side bar) except I think he may have actually gotten too old for me now (funny, cuz I didn't think he was too old for me when I was 12). Or, maybe, it's that whole skinny lawyer girl thing that's thrown me off. Anyway...

1) Indy, "Raiders of the Lost Arc". Rahr.
2) His mom to John Cusack's character in "Grosse Pointe Blank" (She didn't remember him. Kinda' sad. And, yes, he is a handsome devil).
3) Sally in "Charlie Brown's Christmas". I just thought that was too funny.
4) Clark Griswald in "Christmas Vacation". This movie makes me, literally, cry laughing every time I see it. When he starts beating up that plastic Santa on his lawn...ohhh, it's hysterical.
5) "When Harry Met Sally". Of course. So many great lines in this movie. Such a great movie. Meg and Billy were so great together and they were both at their prime here. If you love romantic comedies, this one is the best.
6) Ferris to Cameron in "Ferris Beuller's Day Off". My favourite scene in this movie is actually the one in the art museum where Cameron is staring into the Seurat painting - noticing how the little girl's open mouth just disintegrates into the pointillism - her voice not being heard? Like his? Very deep. :) So cool and beautiful.
7) "Swingers". Vince Vaughn is so money.
8) This one is from "Pretty in Pink". Classic 80's. Yep. Gotta' love the Duckman. I would have rather Molly chose him. I thought he was way cooler than "Blane".
9) I threw this one in there because it reminds me of my university days. Hanging out, drinking cheap white wine with my housemates, and watching Peter Sellers in "The Party". I don't think I ever saw this movie without the cheap white wine so I have no idea if it is actually as funny as we used to think it was. At the time, though, watching Peter Sellers play an Indian man named Hrundi V. Bakshi trying to talk like a cowboy ("Howdy Partiner") was GOLD, Jerry, GOLD!
10) "The Wedding Singer". This is the point in the movie when you just know Robbie Hart has fallen in love with Julia because he is starting to quote the little things she says...that he obviously thinks are cute. So sweet. Ahhhhh. This is really an under-rated little movie, I think. So much fun. Especially if you are a huge fan of 80's music. Watch for the fantastic cameo from Steve Buscemi. Hilarious.

Okay. There you have it. So much fun. Thanks Shan. Makes me want to watch some of those for the 8-seventh time. Plus, I have to watch Old School! I can't believe I haven't seen that one, yet.

2 comments:

Shan said...

I'd like a family fun Monday post! Bowling is great, we took Abby a while ago and she loved it.

And don't worry eventually you'll figure out who your blog is. I've only recently done that. I think. You never know.

You haven't seen Old School? We have to have movie night.

Jessica said...

Planning a fun activity each week for the family sounds so nice! We went bowling a few weekends ago and just loved it!

By the way, I think this is my first time to your blog, feel free to stop by my blog and say hello as well! =-)