Monday, March 3, 2008

How was your weekend?


Hi there.

It's Monday morning. Woo-hoo!!! I know, you think I'm crazy. But, you see, Monday mornings for me are like Saturday mornings for almost everyone else in the world. After having my second daughter we decided it would be better if I was able to stay home with the girls during the week and just work on weekends. So I work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Every week. Kinda' sucks because I haven't seen much of my friends in a looooonnnngggg time. Not to mention, most of them are in the "we have decided we don't want to have any children" camp. Not that there is anything wrong with that. It's just that between working all weekend, every weekend (and I start at the crack of dawn, too), and having children...the ability to keep in touch with my old friends has grown a bit difficult. They are still partying on the weekends and I'm in bed by 10. Ahhhh, how life changes. But, that's okay. I certainly wouldn't change it for the world. I'm pretty lucky to be able to work on the weekends and stay home with my girls during the week. I know that. But...all the same...T.G.I.M!

I'm always so grateful that it is Monday - that maybe I will make that the theme of the day (I'm still trying to figure out what I am doing with this blog): Gratitude Mondays!

Here are ten things I am grateful for (and this is just off the top of my head):



  1. My wonderfully wacky family - all of whom I love to bits.

  2. Everyone is healthy (I'm knocking on wood right now).

  3. Our nice cozy home which is smack dab in the middle of a really terrific little neighbourhood.

  4. Tim Horton's Coffee.

  5. My really sweet dogs (our Corgi boy who is almost 12, and my Newfy girl who is almost 2 - hard to believe the Newf is the "little" sister).

  6. All the cool people that I get to work with (and the fact that, generally, the "non-cool" ones are not around on the weekends).

  7. Sucralose

  8. The fact that I am "Biologically Young". I've actually been told that by more than one medical professional and I will continue to cling to it likes Dumbo's feather).

  9. The fact that I am not living the life of that poor woman who was on Oprah Winfrey's new show last night. The one with the two, little, 3 year old twin daughters - whose husband went to work at the fricking Home Depot, for gawd's sakes, and ended up getting shot dead by robbers. I've almost stopped crying about it now.

  10. The fact that I have just about everything I ever wanted. How lucky am I?

"Thanks!"


1 comment:

Shan said...

Sorry I can't share your enthusiasm about Mondays. I can appreciate your excitement though. And I think you live in a pretty terrific neighbourhood too:)