Thursday, March 6, 2008

Empty Cupboard, Full Heart.



Huh...?! huh...?! {she says across cyber-space while pointing at her newly, cleaned-out, cupboard).

Pretty good, right? :-)

All the crap has been cleared out of the cupboard. I still have a big bin of movies to go through (to see which ones have been scratched beyond play-a-bility, and which ones still have some life in them), and a huge stack of photos to organize but, still, I'm happy with my progress.

You know what else makes me happy?


My little girls. Both of them. But...right now...let's talk about what an incredible cutie-pie Jamie is, okay?

So, last night we are tucking the girls into bed and taking turns singing them their good-night songs. Dave was singing to Maddie while I was hanging out by Jamie's bed. The lights are out and it is all quiet except for Dave softly singing, "Twinkle. Twinkle", and I'm just petting Jamie's hair. She looks up at me and whispers...

"Mommy - thank-you for helping me to get better".

(sigh. My heart still melts when I think about it)

She is only three. Why would she even think to say such a thing? So cute. So adorable. So sweet.

I just love her to little teensy-tiny bits.


1 comment:

Shan said...

Nice work on the closet. There is something really satisfying about tackling that kind of job.

And Jamie is so cute. I swear I just want to pick her up and put her in my pocket.