Monday, April 6, 2009

Fit Mommy Monday - Goals and Check-ins.

Well, I got some good news and I got some bad news. I'll start with the bad news first. I weighed myself on the scale at our family doctor's office last Wednesday when I took Nicolie in for the second part of her vaccine. Now, this is a different scale so I'm trying not to flip out about it too much, but it wasn't good. At my ob/gyn's I was 132. After a week of no junk and Jari Love workouts (on the family doctor's scale) I was 135. Yep. 135. So, that means I have 17 pounds to loose instead of 14. Really, 14 seemed bad enough...but it was closer to 10 than 20. 17 sounds like a whole lot more. And, not only that but I've retaken all my measurements and it would seem that my waist is actually 1/2 an inch bigger than it was a week ago. Was I sucking it in before or something? So sad.

But, on to the good news...
you can't suck in your butt and my hip measurement is now a full inch smaller than it was a week ago, and so is my thigh! A full inch off my thigh! Thank goodness for that bit of news. That's enough to keep me going.

Last week's goal: 3 days of Jari
Check-ins: I got 2 days of Jari done
{Excuse: my back was sore on Saturday - i think there may be too many dead-lifts in her video to do it all the time - and I had company on Sunday}.

This week's goal: 3 days of dvd workouts and one fat-burning session on the treadmill.

And why this is all worth it...


I love my little Nicole Lily-Pie. Did you hear that she has started to sleep through the night? Yep. All night. Friday and Saturday. And just one wake-up last night around 2 am.

4 comments:

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

I'm so glad you added that picture of Lily-Pie. She's so cute and cuddly (I hear). Definitely worth it.

What the heck is going on with your body, girlfriend? I don't get that weight gain. Hmmm...You're exercising, breast feeding, watching what you eat. Are you depressed? Are you stressed? Sometimes when we are stressed or down, it can wreak havoc with our metabolism...I'm proof of that!

How's your water intake?

Shan said...

Oh my gosh she is such a sweetie. I can really see her big sisters in her. I can't get over how much she's changed.

Leah said...

good luck with the exercise stuff, and congrats on the lost inch(es?)!!! awesome!

And Lily-Pie is just the cutest darn thing EVER!!! So sweet!

Kaci said...

She is so cute and such a lil sweetie pie!! :)

WTG on the lost inches!