Friday, May 1, 2009

Fix-It-Friday - Week #12



This is the picture for this week's Fix-It-Friday over at I ♥ Faces. They are up to week #12, but it's only the second week for me. I just wish I found this site sooner. It's so much fun!



Cute little kiddo having fun in the sun!

But, that sun left a bit of a distracting highlight on his cheek and washed out the background. I also thought the picture might be enhanced by a bit of fill-flash on his face and a touch of general warming up and sharpening. Oh, and I cropped it a bit, too.

So, using Photoshop Elements 5, here is my after..



To see all the fabulous fixes for this photo head on over to I ♥ Faces right HERE!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

This turned out great! :-)

Unknown said...

This looks really fantastic! What a great job! I love your frame and I love the sunlight on the child. Fabulous!

WendysPhotos said...

You did a beautiful job with this - the face is wonderful and the grass is so green! I just found this site, too and love it! I still have some of the technical details on posting, downloading the picture and the blogging stuff to work out, but I guess I have to start somewhere. Again, I am very impressed with how you fixed, cropped and framed this one - I need to play more with PSE.

Leah said...

I REALLY need to learn how to use my PSE better... I have mostly used it for making collages and photo cards, etc, and not so much on editing photos (mostly because I don't really know what I'm doing!!). You did a FANTASTIC job of fixing that picture!!!!! I wish I lived next door and you could pop on over and teach me a few things.

Teresa said...

This is wonderful! Beautiful editing job with lovely color and light!

Leah said...

okay, it's been bugging me. I have PSE 5.0 and I can't even come close to what you managed to do to that picture!! I beg you, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE email me (princessleahmae@aol.com) and tell me how you got the sun spot off his cheek and how you got the grass so dang green! I was so excited to get PSE, but it came with ZERO instructions and I haven't been able to hunt up all that much from the Internet. So while I've had a BLAST creating collages and photo cards and stuff, I'm DYING to learn how to properly edit photos!!!! PLEASE help!

Kaci said...

Wow that is awesome!! I need to buy a better program and stop using my iPhone for pictures. LOL!

AJ said...

I like the edit and the frame, too!