Friday, May 2, 2008

She's Got The Chalkboard Paint Out Again...

I know, I know - you've been dying for another craft idea. Preferably one that uses some more of that cool chalkboard paint, right?

Well, here you go dear reader...

First, ya' get yourself a cheapo clay pot. The dollar store carries them in an assortment of sizes for very little coin : a dollar, I believe.

Then you tape up the rim of your planter. You may want to be a bit more careful taping up yours than I was for mine...my rim came out a bit messy (but nothing a little Photoshop couldn't fix).
Then you prime your planter and wait. Paint your planter and wait. Paint one more time and wait.

Then...you get to write/draw/scribble whatever you'd like all over your planter. You can even stick a plant inside if you like. Why the heck not, eh?!

So...here's mine. Ain't she a bute? We wrote "Welcome Abby" on ours as a little surprise for our last dinner guest. I think she thought it was cute. I sure do! You know me and chalkboards.



Now if you thought that was impressive (and, I know you did...I can tell...) just wait until my BIG Project is revealed sometime later this spring!! It's gonna' be a doozy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wanted to let you know I mentioned your blog on my blog. I also have an award for you on my blog so please come visit.

http://allthingscherished.blogspot.com/2008/05/ultimate-blog-party-blog-hopping-review.html

Debbie said...

That is such a great idea. I have some pots and some chalkboard paint. Thanks for visiting my site. I think I've seen your blog somewhere...Momville...she is my sister-in-law.

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Sweet idea!! We are having dinner guests on Sunday - every Sunday afternoon for 2 months, I believe is what Jason signed us up for. So, maybe the kids and I will do a pot for our guests and make some dirt cake to serve in the pot!! Thanks, Nam!