Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hi Again!

Hey! Well, it's that time again. The time at which I become over-come with guilt for having neglected my blog so badly. Not that anyone (except for maybe my two loyal blogging-buddies) really cares. I mean, life goes on whether I blog or not. ;-)

But, still...I feel guilty. What can I say? I was raised Irish-Catholic. We are riddled with guilt for the rest of our lives...

So, anyway...
I just thought I'd do a (hopefully) quick little wrap-up of why I have been so absent...

For one, I've been the mad photographer as of late. I have a few friends who have recently had babies (some within days, others within the year...and another who is expecting...) and they have been so incredibly kind as to let my practice my photography with their kids. And, I need the practice. There is so much to learn. The more I read about photography, the more I learn how little I know. I mean, I have studied photography in the past but a) most of that education came before the age of digital and 2) I never studied flash photography. Everything was available light. Flash photography is a whole other ballgame, I'm learning.

But, I love it. Love it, love it, love it. The babies, the pregnant girls, the camera, the flash, the cuteness, the joy, the love...all of it. Love it! Can you tell I'm excited?

So, I've been taking pictures, and processing pictures, and reading books, and reading forums and setting up photo sessions, and getting pictures developed...and all the while I've got two little kiddos home from school and one baby-one on my hip. This means, ironically, that despite the fact that I now (once again...as always happens) have lots of fun stuff to talk about and lots of cute pictures to share...I have no time!! As I sit and type this the baby is having her nap. That usually only lasts half an hour. I just got out of the tub and I haven't even combed out my hair! I'm sure she will be awake any moment...so you see what I mean.

Plus, there have been lots of fun social engagements lately. My friend's wedding shower, another (dear, dear, dear...love ya' Vic!) friend's surprise 40th birthday party, going to check out another friend's new house complete with new baby chicks and turkeys! Lots going on.

And now...I hear the baby.
So, I must get goin! Just wanted to say "hi" and play a little catch-up!!

Hopefully, I'll be able to post more and include a few pictures soon. But, if not...that means I'm still taking photos and having fun. So, that's not too bad.

;-)

2 comments:

Shan said...

Oh there you are. Glad to see you post. Miss you when you don't.

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

I don't miss you on blogger as much because we have Twitter. But it is nice to see your blog updated...