Thursday, July 17, 2008

Honey Bunny

So now you all know the big news of the new addition we are expecting to our family. That baby is due on February 8th. That makes me just over 10 weeks along right now, but my belly is already getting big. Seriously. When I was pregnant with Maddie no one knew I was pregnant until I was about 7 months along. At 8 months I had people saying, "I wasn't sure if you were pregnant or not, but then I noticed your belly button". Yeah. My belly button almost grew bigger than my whole belly! My boss actually asked one of my co-workers several months into the pregnancy, "Is she really pregnant??". LOL. But, I don't think I'll have that problem this time around. Let's see if I can take a quick "self-portrait" a la Widney Woman of my tummy for you to see...

See. It is definitely already out there. I go for my first ultrasound on the 28th. Let's all hope we're not having twins. We were out test driving potential new vehicles on Monday (yes, my wagon has definitely seen better days and needs to go to wagon heaven soon) and Dave and I both really loved the Honda CR-V we took out. She's a `bute! Then it dawned on me..."Dave - if we have twins all the kids won't even fit in here!". So, we had to delay buying her right there and then (as we wanted to) until I go for my ultrasound. Our other choice is another big lug of a pick-up truck which is a great right-off for the business, but not so great for just booting it around town to pick up groceries and stuff. Parking is a bit of a challenge. But, anyway...

My real point of this post was to tell you about the new addition to our family that just arrived on Monday.


Meet Chloe!

Chloe was adopted from an organization called "Rabbit Rescue". She was one of hundreds of rabbits and bunnies that were saved from the horrible conditions they were being kept in at a meat processing business in Barrie, Ontario. The cruelty case is currently ongoing so I don't have a lot of details but when you consider the fact that rabbits aren't even protected under the "Humane Slaughter Act" (which means they must be rendered unconscious before they are killed) in the U.S. or Canada, and that these poor animals were "just" being raised for meat (so who really cares how they were treated)...you've got to know the conditions must have been pretty shocking.
I am very grateful to Rabbit Rescue for saving all these bunnies and for letting me adopt little Chloe who, as it turns out, is one of the cutest, gentlest, funniest little bunnies you'd ever want to meet. She has made herself right at home here and is even coming right over to my girls for pets and snuggles (then she's hopping off to play again). For how her life started out...how she had been treated by people...it's quite amazing how sweet she had remained.




If you would like more information on the "Humane Slaughter Act" and to sign a petition to fight for *some* rights for these lovely little animals then please go here. As for me...I've just bought two new vegetarian/vegan cookbooks.

2 comments:

Shan said...

Nice bump!! And Chloe is so sweet looking.

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Chloe looks sweet and adorable. Please give her kisses from Mony.

Love the bump! I've heard the more kids you have, the sooner you start showing. Did you have prego pics taken with the first 2?