Monday, June 2, 2008

A Beautiful Day.


I haven't done much blogging lately. I've been a bit preoccupied, to be honest. But, more on that another day. In the meantime, here are some pics. from my latest adventure with Jamie James. I think it's called "The Dutch Mill". You'll have to ask Maddie. She knows the name of it. I can never remember. It's a really beautiful place, and so much for the kids to see and do!
They can see the llamas.

And the chickens.



And the goats.



{Mommy just loves goats. I want to have one. Do you think they allow pygmy goats as pets? Do you think Dave would allow me a pygmy goat as a pet? We have a big yard. I saw a lady once walking her two pygmy goats into PetsMart. So lucky.}

And, maybe even feed some sheep.

{While we were there the man and woman who take care of the animals started to feed all the sheep and the two little ponies and Jamie just flew over to them. "Can I help you? Can I help you?" she asked. So the man gave her some hay and she spent the next 10 minutes bonding with this little sheep.}

{When I was in school, I got to see a bunch of baby lambs being born. Very cool. The sheep weren't very friendly, though. No personality. Not like the goats. Love the goats.}

When they are done visiting with the animals...
{or "am-i-nals" as Maddie still says. Is it wrong that I don't ever correct her? I just think it is so cute and, basically, the one last baby-thing she has left...that and her love of Hippo...I'll be so sad the day she says, "an-i-mals"} they can play on all the cool, wooden, trains.

But, wait...there's MORE!


Jamie had so much fun, in fact, that Mommy didn't even get a chance to look at any of the lovely plants, or country-style-stuff, they had for sale inside the building. That's okay, though. We'll just have to go back again...right Jamie?
She said, "yes". Actually, it was more like "YyyyeeeeeEEESSS!"

2 comments:

Shan said...

This place looks great. Where is it and how have I never heard of it before?

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

What a fun time! LOVE the pics!