Friday, October 23, 2009

Fix-it-Friday: iPhone edition.

It's Fix-it-Friday at I ♥ Faces. I'd like to play along on my iPhone. I don't know if that's allowed, but there may be some people wondering what the different photo apps can do...so I'm going to go ahead and play. I'm not sure yet whether I'll link up. I'll try to check with Angie and Amy (the I Heart Faces founders) and see what they think...

So, anywho...
This week I'm going to just use Photogene. This app. allows you to fine tune your photos with cropping, straightening, sharpening, and exposure tools. You can also add "speech bubbles" and vignettes and frames. It is definitely one of my favourite iPhone photo apps. A must have.

So playing with the photo supplied by Carebear at the Two Under Two. Whew! blog and I Faces here is my before...



And after...



I decided to put more emphasis on this little guy's happy face with a tight crop that eliminates some of the distracting hot spots. I thought the glowing green goo was pretty cool (enough to make any boy happy!) so I also made my crop so that it put his hands more in a position of interest. I also used Photogene to bump up the exposure a bit and warm the overall colour up a bit. Finally, I added a vignette (I can hardly ever resist adding a vignette!) and a Polaroid-style frame. And, that's it! I mean, it's doesn't work the kind of magic you can work with PS, but it sure is fun and a pretty cool way to jazz up your little iPhone photos and then e-mail them on...with just an added touch of fabulousness. ;-)

Hope you like it. And...if you have an iPhone maybe you'd like to share your app-processing with me! Head over to I ♥ Faces. Grab the photo. And let's see what you would do!

-- Post From My iPhone

1 comment:

Shan said...

Wow! I did not know you could do that sort of thing with an iPhone. Great job.