Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Photogs and Event Planners

It's Thankful Thursday time!

Regularly making note of the things you are thankful for can increase your general happiness by 25%! I think that is partially because it makes you focus on the good for a moment, instead of getting caught up in the bad. I also think that when you put good stuff out there...it tends to come back to you. So here is my list of things that I am Thankful for this week...

1) The I ♥ Faces blog. I'm not even sure how I came across this site now. It was one of those things where you click on a link, from a link, from a link and there you go. It is so much fun and right up my alley. I just love having a challenge to do every week. It really inspires me to get taking more photos. Plus, the "Fix It Friday" challenge is fun, too. I love working on the computer in Photoshop. I could take pictures, and play with them, all day long. Fun!

2) The Digital Pro Talk blog. I found out about this blog through, one of my hero's, Scott Kelby. He mentioned it in one of his books as being a cool site to check out. Scott is completely right about everything he ever says so, of course, I had to go see what it was all about. Well, it's like a free course in photography - on-line. I have no idea how David Ziser finds the time to put out such informative and interesting posts every day, but I'm sure glad he does. I've already learned a ton. I just wish I had about a month of free time to just sit and read all his back "issues". I have a lot of catching up to do!

3) The beautiful day we had on Tuesday. Colie and I went on a huge walk and it was just lovely. I even got a bit sunburned. Not that getting sunburned is a good thing, but the fact that it could happen (because it was warm and sunny enough) was good. Very good. We walked and walked and walked. My legs were tired the next day. C'mon summer!

4) That I discovered one of my favourite photographers has a website, and a blog, and she even twitters. I came across some of her work in a photography book I've had for awhile. Every time I saw one of her photos I would say, "Hey, that is so cool" and I'd look up the name of the photographer. It was always her. She's got such a great style that I just love. It just occurred to me the other day that she may be on-line and, indeed she is! So, now, I get to see more of her work and more often. So cool.

5) That I've just been let into the "Jammie Night" clique. The coolest clique on the block. Hosted by the coolest chick on the block (other than me). Thanks Shan for hosting such fabulous events and with such style. {You and I like a theme, don't we?}. Thanks for inviting me.

What are you Thankful for this Thursday?

No comments: