Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Busy.

It's hard to believe it has been almost a year since I've worked on "The Mommy Project".

Kind of.

Not really.

This past year has been really busy. Really too busy. In addition to my 3 days a week job, I also started a photography business...and photography blog...and volunteered with our not-so-local animal rescue. I also helped my hubby with his business...and attended another landscaping seminar. I also started running and trained for my first 5K. I also continued to be a mom to a three year old little girl who is still at home with me (when I am)..and her two bigger sisters. Of course, there were still all the pets (two dogs, two rabbits, and one ratty-girl) to take care of. And a husband to remember. And friends to keep in touch with. And a house to keep livable. When you have that many things on your plate...it gets hard to fit them all in and prioritizing can get difficult...especially when that new business you started requires more hours than there are in a day just to market it.

Well, let me tell you this: there is nothing like your little girl almost dying to remind you of what exactly is important in life.




I think this year will see a lot of changes (again), but this time it's going to be all about lightening my load and remembering to cherish every single minute I have with my family. They have always been my priority, but I've been working so hard to be able to, one day, spend more time with them, that I've been way too busy to enjoy them like I should have this whole past year. Ironic.

I won't be wasting any more days. Each one is far too precious.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Shan said...

I like when you blog here.

Unknown said...

your story is amazing. i really hope everything in the end works out x