Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Knock, Knock? Who is there???!


It's almost time!!!

Tomorrow I go in for my second ultrasound. I am so excited about this, I can't tell you! I know I'm having a boy...I know it, I know it.

I've probably already told you my scientific reasoning behind this conclusion, but in case I have not here it is (if I have, forgive me...I have baby brain). You see...when I was pregnant with Maddie and Jamie I could still drink (my ever-beloved) coffee. Now, I know you aren't ~supposed~ to drink a lot of coffee when you are pregnant so I would hold myself to one cup per day. That is "HOLD" myself to one cup per day; I could have easily kept going. This time around, I just can't drink the stuff. In my head - I really, really, really, want one but my taste buds, or my stomach, or this baby, or ~something~ then tells me, "Nah. You know what? You don't really want to drink this. It tastes like swill". And I just can't drink it. For a certifiably addicted to coffee-gal like myself this has been extremely hard (especially now that the weather is turning colder. And if Tim's brings out those "Roll up the Rim to Win" cups again, well, I just don't know what I'll do).

But you know what I can drink? Coke. And lots of it (but, I'm holding myself back on this, too: caffeine. I know, I know). It's strange, because I was never a big Coke fan before. I could definitely take or leave the stuff and I usually left it because it always kind of tasted like super sugary/syrupy/crap to me before. You know who loves Coke? Davey. He will drink, like, 4 or 5 cans of the stuff a day. Easy. He is always saying that he needs to cut back on how much Coke he drinks but does he? No. He is addicted. He loves his Coke. He hates coffee. Hates it. Will not drink it. Not ever. No way. No how. But, he loves his Coke.

Hmmmm. I think I have a little Davey cooking inside of me. EEEeeeee. I'm so excited!!

When I was pregnant with Maddie I knew I was having a girl. I had no reason to know that. I just did. It was like a fact. Like there was just no question about it. That kind of "knew it". When I was pregnant with Jamie, things seemed a bit different. She was kicking me more and seemed more active. So, that was kind of throwing me off. I wasn't as positive that time around, but right before we went in to have her Dave asked me, "So, what's it gonna' be - Boy or Girl?" and I said, "It's a girl".

Will my maternal instincts be 3 for 3?

We'll see!!!

Stay tuned!!!

I will be back here with a brand new ultrasound photo tomorrow and the answer to the poll question at the side of my blog there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooooooooot!
{Did I mention I was excited?}

No comments: